Objective of the Workshops
The wording of the proposals should represent the conclusions of the respective workshops and should reflect the general consensus of all workshop participants.
100 Years of Tibetan Independence Declaration
- In 1913, the 13th Dalai Lama declared Tibet’s independence. 2013 marks the 100th anniversary of this historic event.
- We want to learn more about the historical background of this independence declaration.
- How can we emphasise the importance of this anniversary?
Next Chinese President – Next Opportunity or next Threat?
- In 2013, Hu Jintao’s successor will be elected.
- We want to learn more about the upcoming Chinese elections and the potential successors as well as their relevance to Tibet.
- How can we achieve a substantial change of the Tibet policy under the future Chinese government?
Living Tibetan Culture in Europe
- Young Tibetans living in Western society face the threat of losing their own cultural heritage.
- We want to discuss our understanding and the importance of Tibetan culture.
- How can we sustainably preserve and evolve Tibetan culture living in exile?
*Die offiziellen Sprachen des Jugendparlaments sind Tibetisch und Englisch. Falls gewünscht, wird auch ein deutschsprachiger Workshop angeboten.